Find out more about how God has led us along our journey so far
In 1944, missionaries Allan & Violet Benson arrived in the North East after serving in China. Having begun meetings in nearby Cairnbulg to great effect, they decided to start meetings in Fraserburgh in November 1945 with just a handful of people.
Meeting in the upper room of the Sunlight Hall, a hardware shop in Cross Street, these outreach services continued for a number of months until the arrival of Pastor Robert Fairnie in May 1946. It was at this point that the Assembly of God in Fraserburgh really became established, with Pastor Fairnie commencing weekly Breaking of Bread services and Sunday evening Gospel meetings.
Over the years a succession of faithful and faith-filled pastors led the church throughout a period of steady growth. In 1963 after 11 years meeting in a former chicken shed in Charlotte Street, the church secured land and built a church hall in Queens Road. Having grown significantly and now under the pastorate of John Strachan, the church had to build again in 1980 with the addition of a 430 seat auditorium on the existing site, in which we remain to this day.
Now, we regularly see our building filled with people at our weekend services, along with an ever-increasing number of ministries that reach people of all ages throughout the week. In March 2016 we bought the old Co-Op on Albert Street, a 25,000 sq ft disused supermarket we intend to convert into our new church building to the glory of God and for the furtherance of His Kingdom.
We’re thankful for our past and all who ran before us. We’re still building for the future, and all who are still to come.
Our best days are still ahead…
Find out how to connect with us and let’s meet →